Check out Popwife.com

Toni Braxton has a 'Pulse'

Popwife.com's got VIDEOS

Lebron's Mom Did it. Yeah

Pages

Are You a 'Barbie'?

Monday, October 5, 2009


I was recently downtown Atlanta, eating at a coffee shop and these grown women were commenting on how they were "Barbies" and wanted "real men" to step up or be stepped on. Every other word out of some of these chicks mouths was "I'm a Barbie-this" or "I'm a Barbie-that".
The thing was they weren't Barbies. They were Boo Boos.
I started to say, "Uh, sorry to break the news, but you're not a Barbie. Nor should you try to be."
Be you.
Who started this Barbie stuff, anywayz?
Was it Mattel (actual manufacturer of Barbie dolls).
Nooo, it's actual a Nicki Minajination, aka a saying of Young Money rapper Nicki Minaj, who looks more like a Kendra than a Barbie, but it's all good. Whatever sells records. The thing is, young girls believe this stuff. Don't get me wrong; it's good to aspire somebody to be somebody, but be yourself. First. Especially while you're young. You've got all lifetime to be somebody else.
I know "Barbie" means that you're fly, hot, and have it all (or can get it), but for real-for-real? Aint no Kens in the hood. Just sayin.

2 comments:

Ms. Bar B: said...

"Aint no Kens in the hood". HA!

WTF? Ok, so, this may be a lil' harsh, but... I don't give a damn, I'm gonna say it anyway: There is a very fine line between creativity and general ignorance, and a lot of what comes out of people's mouths these days is just general ignorance. Why are we such a culture of followers? Perhaps because in all aspects of social participation we are asked to become one!!

But as someone pointed out to me, "our desires aren't even our desires. They have been created for us through capitalism"...

October 6, 2009 at 3:50 PM
CraigJC said...

@ Ms Bar B (Hey, I just noticed your name = Bar B). Speaking of capitalism, Michael Moore will shed light on this subject with his new film, which I can't wait to see.

October 7, 2009 at 9:14 AM
 

2009 ·Popwife Blog by TNB