Check out Popwife.com

Toni Braxton has a 'Pulse'

Popwife.com's got VIDEOS

Lebron's Mom Did it. Yeah

Pages

Demise of the Sugar Daddy

Thursday, November 20, 2008


He bought you candy when you were little; bought you clothes when you got older. Some of them even paid that rent.
Sigh, those were the days.
But it's over now.
The sugar daddy, you know, that older man that showered you with "gifts" namely monetary for the pleasure of "knowing" you, is unemployed.
Blame it on a teetering economy.
The loose change and small bills normally kept in his front right pocket and the larger ones kept in his billfold are history, gone with the proverbial winds of the stock market.
(I feel a poem coming on)
His pimpish ways - at the phat crib - have been replaced with hotel stays.
Where his money once ran like a flood, he's resorted to selling his blood.
But you can't act all brand-new, or even in the know; for you sold yours a long time ago.
(end of poem)
But seriously, the give-get relationship has come to an end. NSA relationships are on the fritz. The new question: What can you do for you?

5 comments:

Hanh said...

Hi there!
Love the blog. It is definitely real & fabulous.

I totally agree with the whole sugar daddy thing. It's so sad & desperate. While it would be nice to have someone pay for everything for me, I would never ask. I hate feeling like I owe people. Ladies (and guys) get a job & support yourself!

Also a Housewives of Atl fan. lol. Hate to admit it but I definitely watched every single episode. haha. An entertaining way to pass time. Hope they come back for a 2nd season

November 20, 2008 at 3:19 PM
CraigJC said...

Thanx, Hanh, The Sugar Daddy Syndrome is just about deaded. The good news? Gasoline is getting cheaper.

November 20, 2008 at 3:57 PM
AssertiveWit said...

"what can you do for you" should have been a question instilled in these young ladies when they were being raised...unfortunately the Get Money Chicks weren't all raised to be golddigging scum; some adopted the attitude simply due to life itself. I was just joking with a friend of mine that I was going to switch lanes and get in this one since the "dating game" has changed so much these days...it really is about what can you do for me...so sad. But I think I was just talking...I still do for me...Sugar Daddy's have rules too and I don't like other folks rules LOL

November 21, 2008 at 1:02 AM
ALLIE said...

ahhhhhhh! I love my sugar daddy. lol.
cnt blame me tho, i mean...its his ass that wants to shower me with gifts and such right? BTW ur right, things haven't been the same as of lately, but i still loooove him.

-allie

November 24, 2008 at 3:20 PM
Muze said...

i agree totally. and i think this is how it should be.

well, minus everyone being all broke and stuff. lol.

LOVE THIS BLOG! i shall link.

November 25, 2008 at 6:23 PM
 

2009 ·Popwife Blog by TNB