Check out Popwife.com

Toni Braxton has a 'Pulse'

Popwife.com's got VIDEOS

Lebron's Mom Did it. Yeah

Pages

Adult Sexting: Cool?

Wednesday, January 14, 2009


'Sexting' did not exist when I was in middle school or even high school.
The dating game has changed.
Used to be, you had to actually know (face to face contact) a person to talk to them. Now, you can text them something cool and just wait.
But what happens when said high schooler becomes a collegiate indeed a young adult? Those same crafty skills and appetite for private voyeurism may well get him slapped, or killed. ("Did you just take a photo of me? SMACK!)"
In Canada, a boy in private school was jailed in December after keeping explicit photographs of his 15 year-old teenage girlfriend on his school computer.
Grownups that sext run the risk of totally turning off their objects of attention, since it may be seen as a cop-out.

Despite the eruption on news stories about it, adults and sexting don't go together very well.
Take exhibit A: Christine Beatty, a married woman of two small kids, and Kwame Kilpatrick, a married married man of three kids who happened to serve as mayor of Detroit at the time. The two had a sexual affair well documented via text messages that the world can now partially see. When "Sexting" we gain boldness, a confidence built on the fact that we aren't communicating face to face.
People who sext "have assigned a different moral code to online or mobile phone communication. They wouldn't say one thing to someone's face, but think it's OK to say the same thing via text message," one doctor is quoted as saying. I don't know if I totally agree with that, but I will say it's much easier to date now (not that I'm dating).

5 comments:

AssertiveWit said...

oh, I agree with the doctor for SOME people...there are a few guys who would NEVER say some of the dirty things they've texted...to my face. Simply because it IS so raunchy and they are SO not the assuming jerk who feels okay talking raunchy...texting removes some of the face to face time.

Granted, if you're talking big on the text, I expect you to follow through but at that point, how much talking are we REALLY going to be doing? LOL

January 14, 2009 at 8:24 AM
CraigJC said...

So, you're okay with texting aka sexting as an initial conversation i.e. to get to know you?

January 14, 2009 at 8:33 AM
AssertiveWit said...

ummm,not as no initial convo hahhahaha I meant after I knew the person. If some dude sent me a vulgar text the first time he ever texted me, I'd be concerned about where his priorities where when it came to knowing me...it would be a little obvious that he was all about hunching...not really getting to know me as a person.

January 14, 2009 at 1:38 PM
CraigJC said...

LOL. You said hunching.

January 14, 2009 at 2:00 PM
Charece said...

Hey Criagjc Thanks for stopping by, I'm feeling your blog as well....I to have a blog about texting..I think testing sucks sometimes, and people who use texting more than 60% of the time as means for communication are just plan lame.
Pick up your phone and call me, say all the little things you could say via text message to eithr to my face or over the phone, especially if you say you're home chillin alone than u definately have know busniess texting me in that case. Text me if your busy at work or something and you cant talk but dont text me when ur doing absolutely nothing that just shows me how unsure of yourself you are...(I have so much more I wanna say right now but I won't do that to you) I let guys know from the door how I feel about texting lol! I'm a fan of texting but dont irritate me...

January 19, 2009 at 11:43 AM
 

2009 ·Popwife Blog by TNB