Check out Popwife.com

Toni Braxton has a 'Pulse'

Popwife.com's got VIDEOS

Lebron's Mom Did it. Yeah

Pages

My Problem With Twitter

Friday, February 27, 2009


It's cool and all, but, I dunno, I just can't get all into it like some. It's been called "microblogging," it's been called just a simple IM platform. What is it about Twitter that's so friggin' popular? I mean, I get that I can follow and get followed by "friends." I get that Amanda Diva will holla back. I get that "What are you doing" is a fundamental question in life. But do we really need to know that I just cut a bunny bread slice into two perfect triangles? Do I really need to know that somebody in northern Ohio just pissed in the snow? Twitter just seems to me, i dunno, a stalker's paradise? I mean, it's cool, don't get me wrong. But this post kinda sums it up for me. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

4 comments:

Laurie Stark said...

Since writing that post, I cleaned out my "follow" list and started interacting more and I actually like it a lot more now! I'm still not 100% on it though...

February 27, 2009 at 4:07 PM
CraigJC said...

Wow, cleaning out your "follow" list, I need to try that. But are the "Tweets" more engaging? Everyday ordinary updates bore me.

February 27, 2009 at 4:18 PM
bumight said...

its not just you...twitter is a tad bit more than micro-blogging. its more like Too much information!

our generation has been said to be the informaiton age...but there is something like TMI!

February 28, 2009 at 2:36 PM
Vanessa said...

So I take it you wont be following me on Twitter? =) It's ok if you find the right ppl to follow and interact with. I found it a nice way to be updated with local art events, news, and other "stuff" happening in my area. As with everything, it will be what you make it. Know what I mean?

February 28, 2009 at 4:30 PM
 

2009 ·Popwife Blog by TNB