Check out Popwife.com

Toni Braxton has a 'Pulse'

Popwife.com's got VIDEOS

Lebron's Mom Did it. Yeah

Pages

Dream on marriage to Nivea: 'I didn't Understand'

Saturday, March 7, 2009


Hitmaking songwriter and artist, The Dream, sat down with the New York Times recently and spoke on his short-lived marriage to singer Nivea, whom he divorced in 2008. He said that he thought money could solve all their relationship woes: "“Money affects everything, from who I’m with to what label I’m on, so everything I do now is about protecting it,” he said. “But I didn’t understand how powerfully that would affect my home life.”
When they announced their separation, Nivea said in part: "I don't feel it is fair for neither of us, especially him, to continue this never-ending battle of the minds that he and I have continued for long enough. I want nothing more than for him and I to be happy. His happiness is all I want, for I could never repay him for what he has endured by being my friend, partner, and husband."
The Dream, on radio interviews, has said that "she just wasn't ready" for marriage.
Nivea is reportedly seeing rapper Lil Wayne now.

2 comments:

Jenna Marie Christian said...

wow...

March 8, 2009 at 6:43 PM
Lil Miss Honey B said...

I feel like his new found fame made his head blow up, but maybe I'm wrong. I dunno the whole story.

April 1, 2009 at 4:51 PM
 

2009 ·Popwife Blog by TNB