Check out Popwife.com

Toni Braxton has a 'Pulse'

Popwife.com's got VIDEOS

Lebron's Mom Did it. Yeah

Pages

'I'm black, single, and insulted'

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Kansas City star columnist Jeneé Osterheldt says she's sick and tired of being sick and tired about the dismal state of dating for African-American women.
"We are not sad, pathetic, desperate women. Yet these stories paint us that way.
Stop talking down to me and the women I know. We don’t need to be fixed."
Osterheldt makes a good point. This story is almost half-a-decade old, but what she misses is that the complexion of the newsroom -- the people who pushed to have the story done -- is still changing. More and more men and women of color are exploring the issue.
Is it a dead horse? I don't think so, but Osterheldt does. Yet she offers a fresh perspective that is desperately needed: Yet I feel the need to stand up for black men. The women are unfairly tinted as go-getters with impossibly high standards. But the men get labeled as underachievers, dogs, absent. The conversations end up altogether divisive.

I have more than a few single, educated black male friends who say it’s hard to meet the right woman. They want to be married, too. They want to raise children. I have a good black man like that in my life. Yes, they exist.
Check out her column here.






Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/04/27/1904703/im-black-single-and-insulted.html#ixzz0nerHzDX0 Share

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Yep. I call dead horse. Seems like everywhere I look the conversation is always the same, or should I say, everywhere I look that black women are talking about black men, its always the same. I'd like to see what else black women and black men can talk about besides why they ain't dating each other. DAMN! Sorry, lol.

May 11, 2010 at 5:43 PM
CraigJC said...

Yeah, it is getting kinda old. I like to hear original viewpoints on the subject though. It's such an opinionated topic!

May 13, 2010 at 6:45 PM
 

2009 ·Popwife Blog by TNB