Check out Popwife.com

Toni Braxton has a 'Pulse'

Popwife.com's got VIDEOS

Lebron's Mom Did it. Yeah

Pages

The Colossus: Chanel No. 5

Wednesday, July 15, 2009


When I first caught a whiff of a woman wearing Chanel No. 5, it took me by surprise: She flew by me -- we were passing through a duty-free shop in Toronto -- in such a hurry she didn't even notice she scarf whack me in the face.
Upon further realization, it wasn't the scarf, but the Chanel.
Debuting in 1921, Chanel No. 5 has been dubbed "the world's most legendary frangrance."
It gets its name from French madame Gabrielle "CoCo" Chanel.
Before Chanel, most perfumes were derived from natural oils such as balsam and flower extracts.
Not Chanel.
CoCo, who was born in a poorhouse, is famous for saying ""I want to give women an artificial perfume," said Chanel. "Yes, I really do mean artificial, like a dress, something that has been made. I don't want any rose or lily of the valley, I want a perfume that is a composition."
Sophisticated yet simple (inhales). Yes.

0 comments:

 

2009 ·Popwife Blog by TNB