Check out Popwife.com

Toni Braxton has a 'Pulse'

Popwife.com's got VIDEOS

Lebron's Mom Did it. Yeah

Pages

Quincy Jones: MJ 'obviously didn't want to be black'

Thursday, July 2, 2009



Music impresario and MJ protege Quincy Jones had a sometimes sad, sometimes funny, but totally no-holds-barred interview in Menstyle where he takes the kid gloves off about Michael Jackson.
Some gems:
On the weird ways of MJ in the studio.
Muscles (Michael's boa constrictor) used to wrap around my leg in a record session and crawl across the console. I was never comfortable with that. It was a choice between that and Bubbles—you know, the chimp."

On Michael's inability to grow up and Quincy's giving him the song "She's Out of My Life," a 'grown-up' song, to sing on the "Off the Wall" album:
"I just wanted to hear him deal with a romantic relationship with a human being rather than a rat. I'm saying that facetiously, but it's true. I saw him at the Oscars very emotional about "Ben." I wanted to hear him get in touch with a real human relationship. "She's Out of My Life" was written by Tommy Bahler from a very bad ending to a marriage. So it was very real. I was saving it for Sinatra. But I gave it to Michael. And Michael cried during every take, and I left the tears in."



Source

0 comments:

 

2009 ·Popwife Blog by TNB