Check out Popwife.com

Toni Braxton has a 'Pulse'

Popwife.com's got VIDEOS

Lebron's Mom Did it. Yeah

Pages

Jay-Z said no to 'We Are the World'

Tuesday, February 16, 2010


Quick-tongued rapper Jay-Z says he turned down the "We Are the World" remake because of a musical disagreement with the producers.
Quincy Jones and Lionel Ritchie personally invited Jay to rock out with the biggest names in music for the biggest cause in his lifetime: Earthquake-stricken Haiti.
Jay declined due to artistic reasons, according to media reports.
We Are the World is like Thriller to me. I don't ever wanna see it touched.

"I'm a fan of music. I know the plight and everything that's going on in Haiti."
Jay says it's not that he wanted to come off as snooty (but he still does). "So I appreciate the efforts and everything, but "We are the World" is untouchable like "Thriller" is untouchable. Some things are just untouchable. It was a valiant effort, but for me, it's gonna be untouchable."
What? I'm sorry I don't agree. The people of Haiti need your help, and you cite reasons based on how good a song is? Com'on son. That's unreasonable.

1 comments:

AssertiveWit said...

Like the new layout!!!!

As for Jay declining to be a part of the WATW2...why isn't he allowed to say no to something he doesn't want to do? He's a PERSON with the right to say yes/no, just like you and me...regardless of the reason behind it.

I didn't think it was snooty at all. We don't know how much money that man has contributed to Haiti but because he declines to participate he's viewed as some kind of asshole.

I think he's entitled to his artistic opinion just as you are entitled to what you just wrote here :)

February 16, 2010 at 3:19 PM
 

2009 ·Popwife Blog by TNB