Check out Popwife.com

Toni Braxton has a 'Pulse'

Popwife.com's got VIDEOS

Lebron's Mom Did it. Yeah

Pages

Phat-a-tat-tat: Inked up is in

Monday, February 1, 2010


The prototypical woman is changing before our eyes. There used to be a certain look that American society dictated women to look like. In most cases, especially in the last 50 years, that look has been European (let's be honest). But now we're seeing a more independent streak in feminine grooming. Women are taking skin art, piercings and ink, to a whole new level.
The cute roses and half-moons used to be in a few years back, but now people are getting whole Bible verses and the like tatted on their muscles. Is this such a thing as too much of a good thing?
These are not your bridesmaid-type chicks, either. There is increasingly a biker-chick vibe going on, a visual toughness.
It's hard to explain. Or maybe it's just hard.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

LOL @ "The cute roses and half-moons used to be in a few years back, but now people are getting whole Bible verses and the like tatted on their muscles".

I remember getting flack for not having a "feminine" tattoo. I only have one because tatts are an investment and I've been doing other things with my cash. Mine is on my arm - my mother's name written in Chinese characters. At 16 (yes I got my tatt at 16 from a very nice guy who overlooked my age to help me memorialize my mother), my tatt was considered "hard" by some guys.

February 2, 2010 at 3:18 AM
CraigJC said...

Wow, at least you KNEW what you were getting in Chinese. Some people just get "cool-looking words" and end up on the short end. lol

February 2, 2010 at 11:07 AM
 

2009 ·Popwife Blog by TNB